mercredi 30 juin 2010

WUTHERING HEIGHTS


Picking a book to read this summer was a very easy task for me. Personally, I hate reading boring books and reading in general. When I went to the library, I wanted Frankenstein but they were all out, so I had the choice between Wuthering heights and pride and prejudice. I took Wuthering heights because it looked sad and I didn’t want to read any lovy dovy love story. I have no idea what the book is about but I know it’s sad and has a lot of emotions. The author of the book is Emily Bronte, who published Wuthering heights in 1847. Emily Bronte was born in 1830 in Yorkshire, England. She had a difficult life since her mother and 2 of her siblings died. She was inspired by many poets and authors, such as William Shakespeare and she wrote many poems with her sisters. The author seems passionate and spiritual and I hope it will be reflected in her book. The book is 279 pages long which are aloooottttt of pages to read. My fear is that I will be struggling to understand the book, because the English seems very difficult for me. I hope the book will be interesting and not a stupid and fictional story. I hope it will be unpredictable and different from other novels.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire